It’s natural for things to break down over time. And that’s especially true for electronic devices.
But before you go and try to fix it yourself, it’s important to understand why the Apple TV remote might malfunction in the first place.
This article will look closely at some of the most common problems with Apple TV remotes and offer some solutions.
Yes. An Apple TV remote can go bad. Your Apple TV remote may no longer work because of a simple issue you can easily fix. It might just need a good cleaning, or the battery might need to be replaced.
Why Did My Apple TV Remote Go Bad?
Apple TV remote goes bad because of battery issues, spoiled button problems, and other reasons.
Suppose you have a poor maintenance culture that allows your remote to lie anywhere without care or protection. It can get spoiled very easily.
The remote might also go bad if you frequently press the buttons for too long.
For further usage, use the necessary buttons and not merely at slight opportunities.
Can an Apple Remote Sensor Go Bad?
Yes, an Apple TV sensor can go bad. But in some cases, the sensor can go bad, which is why your remote might not work the way it should.
Sometimes the remote needs a good cleaning, and you must replace the battery.
Fortunately, there are a few things you can try before you go out and buy a new remote. For starters, try unpairing and repairing the remote.
If that doesn’t work, you can try adjusting the trackpad speed. And if you’re still having trouble with button conflicts, you can try resetting your Apple TV.
Can You Replace an Apple TV Remote?
You can replace an Apple TV remote if it stops working properly. It could be that the battery has died or it’s not connecting with the Apple TV.
Don’t worry, though! You could choose a universal TV remote, a network-based, or an Apple app remote.
Why Is My Apple TV Remote Not Charging?
The battery may be faulty if your Apple TV remote isn’t charging. Press the Menu and Left Arrow buttons simultaneously and hold for six seconds.
If the Apple TV remote beeps, the battery is fine. If it doesn’t beep, the battery needs to be replaced.
Try restarting the device if the Apple TV remote isn’t working. Hold down the Menu and Home buttons for six seconds until the Apple TV logo appears.
Can You Fix a Faulty Apple TV Remote?
If your Apple TV remote isn’t working, don’t worry – you’re not alone. It is a problem that a lot of people experience. You can fix it.
The most common fix is to replace the batteries or charge the remote if it has rechargeable batteries.
If that fails, try;
- Press the TV button and volume down button simultaneously for about 5 seconds.
- I stopped pressing the button for about 10 seconds, and a connection lost notification will appear.
- When the remote restarts, a connected notification will appear.
- The remote should start working now.
If your Apple TV remote isn’t working, there are other things you can do to try to fix it.
- First, check the batteries to make sure they’re still good. If they’re not, replace them.
- Hold the Menu and Home buttons together for about six seconds until the light on your Apple TV starts blinking.
- Then, make sure your remote is connected to your Apple TV. Once your remote is connected, the light will stay on.
- If replacing the batteries or charging the remote doesn’t work, you can try restarting your device or resetting your Apple TV to factory settings.
- You can also try using the Apple TV Remote app on your iPhone if your Siri remote isn’t working.
Why Did My Apple TV Remote Go Bad?
It’s not uncommon for Apple TV remotes to go bad. There are a few reasons why this might happen.
According to Apple, the first thing you should check is the power. Connect the remote to a power source.
And let it charge for a long time if you can’t wait. The good news is that you can replace the battery yourself.
Poor maintenance culture can make your Apple TV go bad easily. If you mistakenly place heavy stuff on them or slam them in a fit of emotion. It would get spoiled.
Another reason your remote might be acting up is interference from other electronic devices.
It can be caused by microwaves, cordless phones, or other electronic gadgets in the same room as your Apple TV.
How Do You Know If Your Remote Is Going Bad?
You can know if your Apple TV remote is going bad when it doesn’t function well.
The status light stays dull even after charging when it repeatedly loses connections. It is also going bad when it ages.
How To Take Care of an Apple TV Remote?
Remote should have proper care if they are to last long. Apple TV remote though minute and minimalist, needs all the attention it can get to make it operate at its best.
What you would need to take care of the remote
- Cotton cloth
- Disinfecting wipe
- Vinegar solution.
Cleaning the Apple TV Remote Control:
- Before you start, remove the batteries from the remote control.
- Get a disinfecting wipe or cloth dampened with a vinegar solution.
- Wipe every part of your remote carefully.
- If you notice dirt hidden beneath the buttons, use a toothpick to remove it.
- After, use a lint-free cloth to dry the remote
- Once dry, you can now use it.
Should You Replace Your Apple TV Remote?
Yes, you should replace your Apple TV if you can’t repair it. The most common problem with an Apple TV remote is a dead battery.
If your Apple TV remote isn’t working well, the first step is to check the battery.
The next Apple TV will come with a redesigned remote, so if you’re experiencing problems with your current one, it might be worth holding out until the new model comes out.
What Are the Prices of Apple TV remotes?
|Apple TV Remote Name||Prices|
|Apple TV Remote Control A1294 OEM Genuine 2nd 3rd Generation||$7.57|
|Apple MJFM3LL/A Siri Remote Control – Silver||$25.00|
How Do You Prevent Your Remote From Going Bad?
If your Apple TV remote seems to be going bad, you have a few options.
- First, unpair the remote and check the software.
- To do this, open the Settings app and select “Remotes and Devices.”
- Then, select “Apple TV Remote” and “Unpair Apple TV Remote.”
- You can try restarting or resetting your Apple TV.
- If that doesn’t work, To restart your Apple TV, hold down the Menu and Home buttons simultaneously until the light on your Apple TV turns off.
- Then, hold down the Menu and Volume Up buttons until the light turns on again.
- To reset your Apple TV, open the Settings app and select “General.”
- Then, select “Reset” and “Reset All Settings.”
- It will reset your Apple TV to its original settings and keep your apps and data.
How Long Does an Apple TV Remote Last?
The Apple TV remote can last for about three months. All without charging or getting worse.
It is a very good option as a remote control device, unlike the Siri remote, which depends on a multi-functioning Siri device to operate.
It’s not surprising that your Apple TV remote might go bad. After all, it’s a piece of technology constantly being used.
Even if it stops working before three months, it isn’t wise to just buy a new one. So, what can you do if your Apple TV remote does not seem to last?
The good news is that you can reset, charge and repair your remote. If you want to reset your remote to the last longer,
Hold the Menu and Home buttons for about 10 seconds until the light blinks.
You might have to take your remote apart and clean the connectors if that doesn’t work.
How To Unpair Your Apple TV Remote
An Apple TV remote does not work if paired to the wrong device. Some people then assume their remote has gone bad.
#1. Apple TV Remote
It is very easy for a second and third-generation Apple TV remote to unpair the remote.
Notification of a severing link would show above the TV. That way, you can pair it to the right device you use.
Just hold the Menu and Left Arrow buttons simultaneously for about six seconds.
#2. Siri Remote
Suppose you use the 4th generation and above Siri remote. You can’t unpair it easily.
You have to pair another remote with the TV. Then the Siri Remote will unpair.
It’s not uncommon for Apple TV remotes to go bad. If your remote is having trouble connecting to your Apple TV or isn’t charging correctly, don’t worry – there are ways to fix it.
In this article, we’ll explain why Apple TV remotes go bad and offer some solutions to help you get your remote up and running again.